The above-mentioned dyestuffs of various types are not only numerous in quantity, but also the properties and methods of use of each type of dye are different. In order to facilitate differentiation and mastery, a unified naming method for dyes has been formally adopted. As long as you see the name of the dye, you can probably know what kind of dye the dye belongs to, as well as its color, gloss, and so on. In China, the nomenclature of dyes is uniformly used in the three-stage nomenclature. The name of the dye is divided into three parts, namely, the crown name, the color scale, and the endnote.
1. Coronation Mainly denotes the name of a dye classified according to its application method or property, such as dispersion, reduction, activity, direct, and the like.
2. Color Scale The name of the color that can be obtained by dyeing the fabric with this dye according to the standard method. There are generally the following four methods.
(1) Use common physical names such as red, green, and blue.
(2) Use plant names such as orange, pink, grass green, rose and so on.
(3) Use natural phenomena such as sky blue and golden color.
(4) Use animal names, such as rat grey, goose yellow and so on.
3. Endnotes Indicates the shade, properties, state, concentration, and fabric of the dye, and is typically represented by letters and numbers.
The three-stage nomenclature of dyes is more convenient to use. For example, to restore violet RR, we can know that this is a purple vat dye with red light, the crown is called reduction, the color is purple, R is red, and two R is red.
At present, the nomenclature of the dyes has not been unified in all countries of the world. Each dyeing factory takes a name for each dye it produces. Therefore, there may be several cases of the same dye.